Use this page if you're experiencing trouble with TubePress on the server-side (back-end) of things. This includes problems such as
- Videos missing from your gallery
- PHP errors
- The infamous "No matching videos" message
Putting TubePress into debug mode will dump an obscene amount of logging to the screen. It will describe in (extreme) detail what TubePress is doing behind the scenes. To use it, you just need to add
tubepress_debug=true to the URL string (in your browser's address bar). For instance, if the TubePress page you're trying to debug has an address of
http://ehough.com/?page_id=19 then you should add
tubepress_debug=true to the URL to enable debugging:
Most of the debug output is self-explanatory. If the output is cut off unexpectedly, it's likely that TubePress encountered a fatal error while building a gallery. Check your PHP error logs for more information.
What you see on youtube.com or vimeo.com will not be immediately and exactly identical to what's available to TubePress. There is often a caching delay before videos are available over the API (which TubePress uses). It's almost always less than an hour, but has been know to take up to an entire day. The punchline here is: it can take up to a day for your gallery to sync up to the video provider.
Please read YouTube's explanation for more details regarding the API delay for YouTube.
TubePress utilizes the "advanced" Vimeo API, which requires a one-time setup of your authentication credentials. These credentials utilize the OAuth protocol, which is a bit complex and can be error-prone. If you're experiencing trouble connecting to Vimeo, here are a few things to check:
- Double check that you've correctly performed the one-time setup of your Vimeo credentials
- Verify that your server has the right time of day. OAuth is time-sensitive, and if your server is off by more than a few minutes then OAuth will likely fail. Your hosting provider will be able to verify your server's time.
- Triple-check that the your Vimeo API key and secret (found here) have been entered into TubePress correctly